General Job Description:
A Behavior consultant works under the supervision of the Company President or the Director of Behavior Services. The Behavior consultant is responsible to provide Behavior Support to all cases assigned to him/her as well as provide support for other cases on an as needed basis. In addition, other consulting opportunities and expectations may include workshops, training, physical management, and research.
The Behavior consultant must have a Minimum Master's degree from an accredited college or university. The degree must be in psychology, social work, or special education. In addition the candidate should have:
- Ongoing experience in the field of developmental disabilities including being qualified as a QMRP
- Previous and ongoing experience developing and implementing behavior intervention guidelines
- Extensive experience working as a team member within a residential and/or educational setting.
- Ongoing and superior Consulting skills across multiple areas of service need
- Previous experience supervising direct care and professional staff
A Behavior consultant must have the following qualities:
- Extensive education and training in all related areas of behavior consulting and supervision.
- Writes Environmental Plans, reports and other documents as needed to be legible and understandable to all persons involved in the care of the individual.
- Designs, implements and interprets mathematical data, such as graphs and data summaries.
- Problem solves situations and makes reasonable decisions based on the individual's best interest and behavior needs.
- Drives and has a valid driver's license as well as automotive insurance.
- Able to work with any individual assigned as well as the ability to train others. This may include lifting, transferring and physical management in some instances.
- Works cooperatively with the individual's team and provides needed information to better the individual's life.
- Works cooperatively with other employees contract workers, and auxiliary persons related to the general running and welfare of the company.
- Trains others to implement changes in environment to better ensure the individual's needs.
- Works directly with the individual modeling any and all skills necessary to best meet the individuals training and emotional needs.
- Provides training in a workshop or large group setting as requested and assigned.
If you're interested in joining our behavior supports team, please return to the employment section and fill out an application!